- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Software Engineering
We have opening for Sr. DevOps engineer with at least 3 years of experience. Apply if you are passionate about new technologies and have the required experience. We intend to hire a person who is well aware of the open source application lifecycle and have good communication skills.
- Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
- Participate in the rotating shifts for 24x7 support. Shifts will rotate on weekly basis with hardship allowance.
- Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate.
- Should not limit himself to a single technology eager to learn new technologies and tools.
- Have strong analytical skills and not afraid of taking challenges and complex task.
- Support the developers located in different geographical locations in resolving their day to day issues.
- Interact with other team members and to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done.
- Love to take ownership and lead.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in 24x7 operations, overseeing sites with constant high traffic
- Experience in bootstrap production and non-prod environments in public/private clouds, Openstack experience is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery, and related tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins) in Dev, QA, Staging, and Prod environments
- Extensive experience with Linux, particularly RedHat/CentOS, SSH, DNS, EMAIL, etc.
- Experience in Sonar, Codegate, Java, npm, gradle, Hygiea, Docker
- Understand the metric requirements of system/application health
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations, e.g. Unix Shell scripts, Ansible, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Unix systems with ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with HAProxy, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.
- Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer
- Passionate about operational excellence and documentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning in JVM, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Experience with setting up a whole network infrastructure, configuring and troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience in secure, scalable and highly available online services
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams
- Experience in Big Data applications
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering features in small time durations
Confiz Limited is a leading software services & products company specializing in building enterprise, mobile & web solutions. Our services portfolio includes many fortune clients like Walmart, PnG, NCR, Macy's and Microsoft. Our products include PakWheels.com, Pakistan's #1 Automotive Internet Portal and Simplicant.com to name a couple.
Confiz Limited believes that our growth is tied with the growth of people who work for Confiz. In particular, we provide a culture where individuals can grow professionally without any constraints. People who work with us work with the cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves. This is obviously above and beyond the usual stuff (excellent pay, medical benefits, frequent appraisals and bonuses).
To know more about Confiz Limited, visit: https://www.facebook.com/ConfizCareers/