Director / Sr. Director Software Development
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Software Engineering
A technical expert having 12+ years of experience who can stand shoulder to shoulder with top local and foreign architects and can be Confiz’s ambassador for technical excellence. Such an individual:
- Will form part of the senior management team and help devise Confiz’s future strategy.
- Will be confronted with solving the toughest of technical challenges.
- Will drive the company’s future technical direction.
- Will guide the team into proposing solutions that can withstand customer’s scrutiny.
- Will be a champion of engineering excellence and will architect strategies and processes that ensure our technical competitiveness.
- Will help build a team of senior technical leads and architects through whom Confiz can continue to deliver high-quality solutions in challenging technical domains.
- Will act as a mentor and inspirational figure for engineers.
- Loves technology and will not be afraid to jump in and dirty his hands if the situation demands.
- Will travel to our key customers and meet with their technical architects and establish our technical credibility.
To achieve the above, we anticipate that there will be some ground work that will have to be laid. Once that ground work is completed we shall have a launching pad for undertaking the above tasks. Therefore, our expectations of you and tasks that you must perform will vary over time. The initial few weeks/months will be spent on setting up the launching pad and subsequent to that the above tasks will be undertaken.
In the first few weeks/months we anticipate & expect you to do the following:
- Analyze Confiz’s existing technology portfolio.
- Analyze Confiz’s existing engineering processes.
- Observe the execution of the engineering processes.
- Attend Engineering Community meetings.
- Sit through technical sessions that engineers conduct.
- Evaluate company’s service offerings.
- Attend daily SCRUMS of key strategic accounts to gain insight into these projects/engagements.
- Review Technology Strategy Architecture (TSA) Group’s structure and performance and suggest improvements in TSA.
- Establish a courteous relationship with engineering and testing communities.
- Analyze existing recruitment process for engineers and suggest improvements.
- Analyze existing onboarding and training plan for engineers and suggest improvements.
- Lead the improvement effort for areas (given above) that you find lacking.
- Work with Audit & Compliance personnel to set up an effective monitoring mechanism to ensure your improvement recommendations are properly carried out.
- Act as the reviewer, the gatekeeper and the final approving authority for any solution design that is to be proposed to the customer by the respective teams.
- If need be, you may have to write code to showcase the correct way of implementing a specific functionality in a specific technology. This will allow the team to have a frame of reference that they can follow.
We have an amazing team of 350+ individuals working on highly innovative enterprise projects & products. Our customer base includes fortune 5 retail and CPG companies, leading store chains, fast growth fintech and multiple Silicon Valley startups. What makes Confiz stand out is our focus on processes and culture. Confiz is CMMi Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We have a vibrating culture of learning via collaboration and making workplace fun. Our team contributes to large open source projects and continuously pursue sophistication in software engineering.
Confiz Limited believes that our growth is tied with the growth of people who work for Confiz. In particular, we provide a culture where individuals can grow professionally without any constraints. People who work with us work with the cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves. This is obviously above and beyond the usual stuff (excellent pay, medical benefits, frequent appraisals and bonuses).
To know more about Confiz Limited, visit: https://www.facebook.com/ConfizCareers/