SE/SSE - Android
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Software Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Android developer (3+ years experience) responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features
- Provide estimates on development cycles
- Able to quickly understand existing application
- Experience of delivering successful end-to-end deliverables
- Participate in community knowledge sharing activities and skill building
- Able to communicate and work well with co-workers and clients.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in CS or related field.
- Excellent programming and analytical abilities.
- Self-driven with a strong desire to excel and ability to work independently
- Experience working with teams in rapid delivery environment.
- Proficient with Android SDK and using tools such as Android Studio
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning tools
- Has experience of working with push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT will be preferred)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools such as Gradle etc.
- Comfortable of working with static code analysis tools such as SonarQube etc.