Sr. Product Designer
- Remote, United States
- Fully Remote
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think visually –using techniques like storyboards and sketching –to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs.
How you’ll spend your days
- Lead in the creation of business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Think holistically – about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences
- Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switch gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution
Why you’re a great fit
- You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a solid blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for pixel-perfect detail
- You can craft experiences for any channel or platform, with a passion for building in the e-commerce space
- When you look at our product, you see multiple easy ways to make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customers and you're excited to tell us about them.
- You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
- You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
- You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
- You thrive on collaboration – be it with other designers, business partners, product owners or engineering
- You have an impressive product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer need
Skills you’ll have
- You’re a systems thinker with the ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
- The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
Bonus points for
- Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal: prototyping (with Flinto, Framer, Marvel, Principle or similar), user research, motion design, illustration
- Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years designing digital experiences, demonstrating increasing levels of mastery of your craft
- 4 years' experience designing for multiple platforms and operating systems.
- 4 years' experience gathering business requirements, site assessments, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- 4 years' experience partnering with cross-functional teams to launch new products and improve existing product features.
- 2 years' experience utilizing strategic product thinking and vision.
- 2 years' experience directing a cross-functional team through the product design process to launch.