Risk & Compliance Lead
Confiz is a global technology solutions company. We take pride in enabling and leading digital transformation projects at Fortune 500 companies. We are also a Microsoft Gold Partner where our combined collaboration empowers businesses to experience the enterprise-wide potential of Microsoft – we were named Microsoft Partner of the Year in the recent past. As a company, we have bold ambitions and a drive to constantly stay ahead of the curve. At the core of our business is our unique, energetic culture that embodies a philosophy of leadership, empathy, excellence, and continuous learning.
About the role
We are looking for a Risk & Compliance Lead to ensure that the company is complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as internal codes of conduct, policies and procedures. As a subject matter expert, you will be the bridge between Confiz, it’s Legal Advisor(s), HR subject matter experts for UAE and US, and internal auditors. Your goal will also ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
· Develop and implement an effective compliance framework for PK, US and ME entities to holistically cover compliance to all relevant laws and regulations, as well to the contractual obligations.
· Determine compliance metrics and establish a system for tracking them.
· Manage compliance risk on a proactive basis, including the development of new business practices, the proposed establishment of new corporate office(s) or customer relationships, or material changes in the nature of such relationships.
· Work with the external legal counsel to ensure all legal documents are vetted by the legal counsel and agree SOPs for entering into any new contractual relationship.
· Train and educate staff so they are informed of any legal changes and updates to compliance guidelines.
· Advise senior management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments in the area.
· Act as a lead contact for compliance queries and liaise with subject matter experts (e.g. Internal Audit, HR, IT, Finance, Admin and External Legal Counsel) to ensure no stone is unturned when it comes to complying with all applicable laws including employment laws.
· Work with Legal Counsel and HR Subject Matter expert for US/UAE to ensure internal policies remain up to date on PK/ME and US federal and state laws related to Confiz and update these policies accordingly.
· Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation (i.e. take ownership of disaster recovery plan).
· Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
· Monitor all operational processes and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all internally defined rules and ethical standards.
Requirements and skills
· 7+ years prior experience in Risk Assurance/Internal Audit/Compliance Role
· Candidate must have trained within the Risk Assurance/Internal Audit department PWC, KPMG or EY
· Experienced in dealing with multiple stakeholders to lead risk management or compliance assignments
· Superior attention to detail in order to identify and correct high risk areas
· Must be a strong communicator and capable of expressing oneself clearly both speaking and in writing
· Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
· Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
· Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics
· Degree in law, finance, business administration or a related field
· Familiarity of legal requirements within US and ME (e.g., US and ME Employment and Contract Law) is a plus
We have an amazing team of 600+ individuals working on highly innovative enterprise projects & products. Our customer base includes fortune 5 retail and CPG companies, leading store chains, fast growth fintech and multiple Silicon Valley startups.
What makes Confiz stand out is our focus on processes and culture. Confiz is CMMi Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We have a vibrant culture of learning via collaboration and making workplace fun.
People who work with us work with cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves.