Senior Power BI Engineer
- Lahore, Islamabad, Pakistan
- WFH Flexible
- Software Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Power BI Developer with 4-5 years experience. The responsibility includes designing, developing, and maintaining Power BI reports/dashboards. You will be working alongside Cloud application support operations team members, developers, data analysts, operations analysts, BI/analytics developers, data scientists, testers, and stakeholders, involved in Azure Cloud Application Support Operations. Therefore, a commitment to lead, be collaborative, apply problem-solving, critical thinking, innovative design and the development of quality products is essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Power BI report design, model, and development.
- Demo & train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Maintain and Support current published Power BI dashboards and reports.
- Analyze log monitoring data sets and provide actionable insights to better inform business and support ops decisions.
- Collaborate with team to integrate new data sources. Analyze business needs into technical specifications
- Gather requirements from different business units, develop and maintain automated dashboards, metric reports, and data visualizations, and explain the results to non-technical stakeholders.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, workspaces, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Maintain and re-engineer existing ETLs to increase data accuracy, data stability, and data pipeline performance
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Strong data analytics skills to troubleshoot data issues.
- Develop Azure Log Analytics KQL scripts to design, validate monitoring log and statistical measures.
- Utilize reporting tools to design and deliver dashboards and reports to stakeholders using an agile-like methodology for increased stakeholder engagement and faster time to market.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the enterprise reporting development and delivery domain areas, using multiple technologies and tool sets.
- Develop detailed requirements documentation including user stories, use cases, design specifications, business process, data flows and acceptance criteria.
- Accountable for deliverable by understanding and balancing the competing demands for project scope, time and quality.
- Ensure that all delivered solutions meet the highest quality standards and satisfy all specified business requirements through rigorous validation and testing.
- Confidently participate in meetings and manage frequent communications with all levels of the organization including key stakeholders and senior management in the offshore – onshore technology delivery model.
- Be very resourceful to proactively identify and engage available resources and subject matter experts in related areas to achieve your goals, with a strong ability to multitask and manage time and priorities under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Good understanding of the Agile development cycle (Sprint/Scrums) and familiarity with Jira & Confluence is a plus
- Firm understanding of data analysis skills and experience executing small to medium sized projects with a general understanding of Project Management principles
Qualifications / Experiences:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (BS IT/ CS, MS IT/CS, MS BI/Analytics, or MS ML/DS)
- All IT field experience: 5 years
- Power BI related experience: 3-5 years
- SQL & Data Modeling (OLAP) Experience: 3-5 years
- Data Warehousing & ETL Experience: 3 years
- Experience Overall: not less than 5 years
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience with technologies/tools: SQL, JS, Python, Power Query, DAX, Power BI features, Logic Apps, Power Apps, Azure Cloud, Azure Log Analytics (KQL/Kusto), and Azure Log Monitoring.
- Machine Learning, Data Science, and Data Management awareness are nice to have.
We have an amazing team of 500+ individuals working on highly innovative enterprise projects & products. Our customer base includes fortune 5 retail and CPG companies, leading store chains, fast-growth fintech, and multiple Silicon Valley startups.
What makes Confiz stand out is our focus on processes and culture. Confiz is CMMi Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We have a vibrant culture of learning via collaboration and making workplace fun.
People who work with us work with the cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves. This is obviously above and beyond the usual stuff (excellent pay, medical benefits, and Maintenance allowance).
To know more about Confiz Limited, visit: https://web.facebook.com/lifeatconfiz