Senior Android Engineer- Reston, VA
- Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
- Software Engineering
As an Android engineer, you will work diligently with designers, product managers, and the engineers that support the Engineer platform and infrastructure. You will use your passion and in-depth knowledge of all things Android to craft the client components and features that will shape the future.
- 5+ years of experience developing mobile applications on Android platform using either Kotlin programming languages
- Previous experience developing mobile applications (on Android).
- Experience building and/or flashing devices with Android System ROMs
- Experience implementing new features and optimizing existing ones.
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Experience in Non-application development including Foreground Service, IntentService, Native Libraries and Utilities
- Experience with the Android SDK, Android Studio and modern Android design patterns (Architecture Components, MVVM)
- Experience with unit and automated testing.
- Experience with Dependency Injection.
- Familiarity with Device Policy and MDM APIs.
- Strong understanding of Git or some other Source Control system. Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Emphasis on the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app. Knowledge of concurrency and background processing on Android
- Expert in using REST APIs to connect to back-end services
Preferred (not Required) skills:
- Experience with integrating Point of Sale devices such as payment terminals or barcode scanners, or other types of peripheral devices
- Experience with (Android/iOS) Bluetooth & USB APIs
- Experience with Splunk, Google Cloud Platform, or Kafka