Big Data Architect
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- WFH Flexible
- Software Engineering
We are looking for an experienced developer (10+ years’ experience) responsible for the design, development and maintenance of applications. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for Big Data competency (big data, data management, enterprise data warehouse, BI & analytics).
- Lead Data Engineers, Data Analysts etc to architect and deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs.
- Ensure the design, code and procedural aspects of solution are production ready, in terms of operational, security and compliance standards.
- Participate in day to day project and production delivery status meetings, and provide technical support for faster resolution of issues.
- Yearning for continuous learning and train/mentor future big data developers and architects.
10+ years of experience in enterprise data architecture, integration and analytics, with a proven track record of design and implementation of big data and analytics solutions in recent years.
- Experience of leading a team of Data Engineers and BI Developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Strong technical experience in the following:
- Big data stack and solutions, including cloud technologies.
- Data lake architecture, including data model design and implementation (incl. relational, dimensional, No-SQL).
- Enterprise Application and Data Integration design and implementation (e.g. ETL, messaging, replication and APIs).
- Hands-on experience with the following tools and technologies is desirable: Java/Scala, Azure HDInsight/Google Dataproc/Cloudera Hadoop Distribution, Spark/Flink, Kafka/Azure Event Hubs/Google Pub/Sub, Bigtable/Hbase/Cassandra, BigQuery/Hive, Looker/PowerBI/Tableau, ZooKeeper, Oozie/Airflow, Virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of writing effective and maintainable unit and integration tests for ingestion pipelines and awareness of latest CI/CD and automated testing practices.
- Awareness of Data management best practice (e.g. data quality, metadata management, data lineage).
- Awareness of Machine Learning techniques is nice to have.
We have an amazing team of 500+ individuals working on highly innovative enterprise projects & products. Our customer base includes fortune 5 retail and CPG companies, leading store chains, fast growth fintech and multiple Silicon Valley startups.
What makes Confiz stand out is our focus on processes and culture. Confiz is CMMi Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We have a vibrant culture of learning via collaboration and making workplace fun.
People who work with us work with the cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves. This is obviously above and beyond the usual stuff (excellent pay, medical benefits, frequent appraisals and bonuses).
To know more about Confiz Limited, visit: https://web.facebook.com/lifeatconfiz